Montgomery Saxophone Day
Montgomery Saxophone Day is an annual educational outreach event at The Woodlands College Park HS on Saturday June 6, 2020. The day long event includes master classes, clinics, and a closing concert featuring a massive saxophone ensemble comprised of all participants. MSD is open to saxophonists high school age and above.
If you are interested in participating in the Masterclass with our guest artist for this year, note that acceptance to the master class is determined by pre-recorded audition (audio-only). These recordings are to be uploaded to YouTube and the link sent to by April 25, 2020.
Please also included a scanned copy of the score with your submission (and be sure it is copied cleanly, no cut-off edges or missing lines).
Please try to make the recording quality as good as possible. Record with a zoom or other recording device. Cell phone recordings will peak and cause a lot of distortion, so avoid such devices at all costs. Please also note that there is a nonrefundable audition fee of $25.
1. Any student registered for MSD (including college level) is eligible for audition. Professionals and community members should allow these spots to remain available for students.
2. Student will audition on and perform the piece listed on the audition application, no substitutions.
3. Student may choose any piece of original saxophone repertoire.
4. Work must be published and commercially available.
5. If student selects a multi-movement work, only one movement should be used.